The Petroleum & Convenience Marketers of Alabama is offering training sessions on HM-126 F
Handling of Hazardous Materials. This training is required by federal law under the U.S. Dept. of Transportation and is required once every three years for all hazardous materials (hazmat) employers and employees. As defined by federal regulation, this includes:
Employers who use one or more of its employees in connection with:
- transporting hazmat in commerce;
- causing hazmat to be transported or shipped in commerce; or
- representing, marking, certifying, selling, offering, reconditioning, testing, repairing, or modifying containers used in the transportation of hazmat.
Employees who are employed by a hazmat employer and directly affect hazmat transportation safety including persons who:
- load, unload, or handle hazmat;
- test, recondition, repair, modify or mark containers used in the transportation of hazmat;
- prepare hazmat for transportation (such as dispatchers and office personnel);
- are responsible for safety of transporting hazmat; or
- operate a vehicle used to transport hazmat.
HM 126-F Training:
Training instructor will be Gary Bingham, Transportation Compliance, LLC., and will include a general awareness/familiarization of hazmat regulations, safety and security awareness, security plans, in-depth security training and driver training which includes vehicle inspections, smoking restrictions, railroad crossings, loading and unloading, vehicle characteristics, driver qualifications and CDL requirements. Training will also include a safe driving presentation from a representative of Federated Insurance Company.
Thursday, February 8: Four Points Sheraton Huntsville Airport, Madison
Tuesday, February 13: Pelham Civic Center, Pelham
Thursday, February 15: Staybridge Suites, Montgomery
Tuesday, February 20: Marriott Mobile